Monday, June 4, 2012

Quarterlette

About a year ago, I decided to start this blog as a means of sharing my quarter life crisis with other readers for the sole purpose of hoping that I was not alone.  I have found some very encouraging words along the way, and writing in this blog has given me a creative outlet and allowed me to pursue some of the things I'm passionate about.  While finding myself, I was able to share my story about learning how to cook and bake (seriously, before this my cooking skills were limited to boiling pasta), crafting special gifts, and honing my skills as an athlete, making myself healthier than I ever have been.  I was also able to share the ups and downs of teaching and the daunting task of finding a job, getting so close, and then being forced to start all over.  But most importantly, I hoped to inspire other young women (and men!) that this is the time in which you must take charge of your life and follow the things you are passionate about.  I honestly do believe this is the path to finding true happiness.

A few months ago, one of the founders of Quaterlette reached out to me and asked if I could share my story.  I immediately fell in love with the idea of the site because it's purpose is to unite young women who are going through their quarter life crisis.  I think the message from the co-founders says it better than I can:


"As three girls in our late-twenties, we have been exposed to endless stories 
from our friends about the difficulties that come along with this life stage. 
We’re old enough now where we have expectations for ourselves.  
We feel like we’re supposed to have an exciting job, 
a decent income, a cozy home and a fulfilling relationship.  
And if we don’t, we tend to feel incredibly lost.

However, while this time can be difficult and confusing, 
it can also be incredibly rewarding and life-changing as well.  
Some may call it the “quarter-life crisis” – we prefer to think of it as a tricky 
and exciting time full of changes, transitions and decisions. 
We’ve had exceptional and memorable days during our twenties, 
but we’ve had some challenging and anxiety-filled days as well, 
as we are constantly trying to weave together who we think 
we should be and who we want to be with the reality of who we are."


See? I could not have said it better myself.  When I read this, I knew I wanted to be a part of this platform, since these are all of the feelings I have had for the past 2 years.  I wrote up an essay and submitted it to these women, and I will be featured on this website sometime in the upcoming weeks.  I am incredibly excited to share my story with other Quarterlettes and hope to continue to inspire others to take that chance to make a change in their lives for the better. 

Many of you have expressed that you went through or currently are going through your quarter life crisis as well.  I ask that you share this site with your friends and family so that we can all realize that we do not go through this stage alone.  Even if you are not going through a quarter life crisis, the stories on this site are truly inspirational.  Please read and share, and I'll be sure to let you know when my story will be published!  

And thank you to everyone who has followed my story for the past year, I cannot express my gratitude for all of your kind words and support. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may take a little while to show up, but don't worry they'll be there. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one!