Friday, July 6, 2012

How-to Make Decorative Cookie Bags

After posting about my funfetti cookies and my Desserts for the Deserving experience, I received a few inquires about how I was going to ship these cookies.  I shared how I shipped a batch of decorated sugar cookies here, but because the funfetti sugar cookies are hardier than decorated sugar cookies, I came up with an easier way to ship the cookies without using so much packaging.  All you'll need are packing peanuts, a large box, packing tape, scissors, ribbons, and cellophane bags.

Don't have cellophane bags?  That's exactly what happened to me the other day....

I was gathering my materials to ship my funfetti sugar cookies to my Desserts for the Deserving nominee when I realized I was missing the bags!  I had the box, packing peanuts, tape, scissors, ribbons - everything I needed to pack and ship these cookies except for the cellophane bags!  My mom suggested just using regular sandwich bags, but I wanted to dress the cookies up a bit since they were being sent as a gift.  Plus, there was no way I was going to the store for one thing.  So, I improvised.

I grabbed some of the extra long sandwich bags


Cut off the tops


Placed the cookies inside


And tied them up with some pretty ribbon!  Voila!


I then put a single layer of packing peanuts on the bottom of the box, spaced out my bags on top, and put extra packing peanuts in between and on top of the bags.  If you're shipping regular cookies, like sugar, oatmeal, or chocolate chip cookies, this is a simple and pretty way to package them.  If you're shipping decorated sugar cookies, however, I would use the link above to make sure your designs don't get ruined!

They may not be as pretty as regular cellophane bags, but they still get the job done.  It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a roll of cellophane at home either, since you can make bags and gift wraps of all sizes!  Hope this little trick helps!  What tips and tricks do you have for shipping?

4 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I can't tell you how many times I've gone to put cookies in a bag only to realize that they don't fit. Sandwich bags would work much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!

    Stopping by from Foodbuzz to thank you for your friend request:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea and so simple. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I have to look out for those extra long bags. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments may take a little while to show up, but don't worry they'll be there. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one!